Good to know when you buy an embryo in Dublin...
For the first time, a Flanders Embryo Auction is being organized on Friday evening, 9 August, at the InterContinental Hotel in Dublin. Below some answers on questions.
What do you get when you buy an embryo in Dublin?
- The host mare is included in the price
- All host mares were scanned 72 hours before the auction
- For Irish buyers the host mare will be transported free of charge to Ronan Rothwell in Ireland
When and where are the foals born?
- Between February and June 2020
- If a buyer does not like to transport the host mare, the foals can be born at the Gent University and be reared by Luk Van Puymbroeck.
- Anyone who does have the host mare transported to Ireland may also have it reared at Ronan Rothwell.
What does the insurance of the still unborn foals cover?
- Immediately after purchase you can insure the embryo. The insurance will cover the purchase price for 100% before birth and even for 200% in case of death as from 48 hours up to four months after birth. No risk at all!
Who will be the official breeder?
- The buyer is the breeder.
- Immediately after their birth in Ireland geboren the foals vcan be registered with ISH and are entitled to start as youngsters in the ‘Young Horses classes’ in Dublin, the ‘ISH classes’ and ‘Breeder Classic classes’.
Click here to register for the online bidding